I'm Nick Brimacombe, a Sheffield-based counsellor and psychotherapist, having qualified in September 2020.
As a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) I now work in private practice where my aim is to improve the quality of people’s lives and relationships.
Experience has taught me that the relationship between therapist and client is one of the keys to a positive outcome. My approach is primarily person-centred but with elements of psychodynamic and solution focussed.
The service I offer:
- Time and a safe space in which to take stock, clarify and make sense of your life within your world
- Encouragement to explore and evaluate your core beliefs, values and attitudes and thereby define yourself more clearly
- Help in understanding your emotional reactions
Training, qualifications & experience
- Professional Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy (accredited by the National Counselling Society) - 2017-2020
- Certificate in Foundations of Counselling (accredited by the National Counselling Society) – 2016-2017
Having gained my counselling training through the Academy SPACE in Sheffield, I also have two years of clinical experience with placements at Sheffield University Counselling Service, Sheffield Carers Centre, and Hallam Diocese where I have worked with people experiencing a wide range of problems including anxiety, depression, low-self-esteem, bereavement & loss or feelings of emptiness. I have also undertaken a range of continuous professional development courses to keep myself up to date with evolving beliefs and methods for delivering effective counselling/therapy.
Choosing a therapist can seem overwhelming but having made the decision to seek help you have already taken an important step.
If what I've said resonates with you, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call me and we can arrange a time to have an initial session.